10/26/2018, Newington - Integrated Manual Lymph Drainage Massage with Acupressure & Essential Oils
Workshop Description: This course takes an in-depth look at manual lymph drainage massage. We will learn the causes of lymphatic and circulatory disorders according to the Western and Eastern medicine model. We will learn both Western and Eastern Chinese manipulative soft-tissue and acupressure techniques to can help with detoxification, stimulate circulation and reduce water retention. This course will focus on:
- The theory of lymphatic flow from a Western and Eastern perspective:
- Increasing the flow of oxygen and blood to the facial area, neck , trunk and limbs
- Toning, tightening and detoxification of skin and organ systems
- Better mental alertness, focus and relaxation for the client
- Emotional and lymphatic cleansing through the use of essential oils
- Preventive maintenance
- Inflammation of soft tissue due to toxicity and injury. Edema caused by surgery
- Understanding the function of organs in Chinese medicine
- Location of the most important Meridian/Channel points and meridians on the face , head and body in getting rid of edema and toxicity
- Treatment protocols for the whole body. Accessing the surface lymphatics and deeper channels
- Treatment techniques for specific disorders
- Treating obesity and related edema
- Self-treatment for the patient
- List Item 04
Date: October 26, 2018
Time: 8:30 am to 6:00 pm
Cortiva Institute - Newington Campus
75 Kitts Lane
Newington, Connecticut 06111
CE Credits: 8
Instructor: Wolfgang Luckmann
Wolfgang Luckmann A.P. (Acupuncture Physician), DiHom, L.M.T. is a licensed acupuncture physician, massage therapist and homeopath who has taught internationally for the last twenty years. He trained in traditional Chinese medicine at the Acupressure Acupuncture Institute, in Miami and in Clinical Advanced Therapeutic Massage at the College for Natural Health, also in Miami.
He has pioneered many uses of Oriental Body Modalities for psycho-somatic disorders including treatments for ADHD/Hyperactivity and Autistic children. Currently he teaches workshops for massage therapists and acupuncturists all around the United States.
For more information, go to www.wolfgangluckmann.com.
What to Bring: Massage linens, oil/lotion, a bathing suit/halter top. Consult with Wolfgang about what essential oils to bring. – 904-610-9489. Provider will bring all oils in any case.
If possible also read my article on Integrated MLD in the January issue of ABMP’s : Massage and Bodywork.